Thursday, February 5, 2009

Funny or Not?

OK - so the closer we get to "three" the more I am learning that I have A LOT to learn about dealing with toddlers! Noah is usually the sweetest boy ever but he is a lot like his mom and dad and when he makes up his mind - there is little that can sway him!

So, hard for you to believe I'm sure, but the other night - he threw his cup at dinner because it was empty and I guess he forgot how to ask for more. He was excused to TIME OUT. He was very vocal about what he thought and even tried to get dad on his side - but Wade just pointed and said - "Now" in that really cool and scary dad voice!

When he got to the TIME OUT spot, he decided to show how mad he was. He started banging the wall and kicking some innocent toys that just happened to be in reach. I told him if he did it one more time - he was going to get the spoon.

He just looked at me and kicked his Little People Farm. I got the spoon and took care of business. I was expecting the dramatic screams and HUGE tears... but instead...

Noah turned to me and with the snottiest tone and look that I have ever seen from him said,

"THAT DID NOT HURT."

Man, he has A LOT to learn... you never, ever tell the person who is still holding the spoon that it didn't hurt.

It was one of those mommy moments where you know you should be furious but are laughing your butt off inside. Dad wasn't doing as good of a job holding in the laughter!


post signature

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hmm, looks like Jack is having an effect on him! Sorry!