Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This is What Being a Mom is About!

Tonight I am baking cookies. It is great. I have music on (BarlowGirl - Kathy you would LOVE them if you haven't heard them), the oven going and a house full of sleeping angels... (They are always angels when they are sleeping!).

I am baking cookies for a family birthday party we are having for the twins on Saturday. It really isn't a big deal and is more to say "thank you" to the people in our lives who were critical in helping us through the first year with twins AND another one 15 months older!


There are so many things I love about being a mom, but planning and celebrating a birthday for them takes the cake. I love the decorating, cleaning, preparing, planning. I love the goodie bags, the cake baking, the hustle and bustle. I love getting the camera charged (like it wouldn't be) and making sure the video camera is ready. I love shopping for the perfect gift for the perfect kid and wraping it.


As I sit here typing, waiting for the timer, I realize that the reason why I love it so much is because every second of the planning makes me more and more grateful that I have these lives to celebrate.


They told us we had an 80% chance that one would not survive past week 12 of the pregnancy.


I had some complications with the going into preterm labor starting at 24 weeks and had to take medication every three hours around the clock to keep them in as long as I could.


They came four weeks and 4 days early without a complication in the world!


I am here planning their party.
I am here decorating their cupcakes and making goodie bags.
And I am marveling that God picked me to be their mom. I am so thankful that the tablet of their life had this year and I pray that it will have many more.


Nights like tonight are one in a million!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your outlook on motherhood, Lees. As much as I loved you as my boss, and now as my friend--I think "mom" is my favorite role of all for you. You are more than a natural--you are a PRO--and those angels are lucky to have you as their mom. Scratch that--BLESSED, not lucky.

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome Lees! You are so incredibly blessed and this is just awesome news. Happy Birthday to your babies!

Awwww

XOXO,

Rhea