Friday, March 20, 2009

A Date with Noah!

Wade and I are starting a new thing this weekend. We are going to take Noah on a "date" with mom and dad. I had a pastor who used to talk about the importance of taking your kids out individually and I always thought it was a cute idea.

But, when the twins came along - I did not realize how much I would miss the little things with Noah. Don't get me wrong - I love going places as a whole family - but whoever is "working" with Matt and Addie ends up missing the precious moments with Noah. Wade and I trade off who is on twin duty - but then we miss sharing the things with Noah together and forever play catch up telling stories.

Noah's just at a different stage - he is learning and amazed by everything. It is fun to see things through his eyes for the "first" time. The twins are still into the snacks on the tray more than what is beyond the stroller. They are still fun but it is work to keep them entertained and you miss out on all the rest.

So, this Sunday will be the first Mom & Dad Day with just Noah... we are going to breakfast and The Thunder in the Desert (Air Show at Luke Air Force Base). I can't wait. Wade always gets Noah the BIGGEST cupcake at Wildflower BEFORE breakfast comes... Noah thinks it is SO cool to eat a cupcake before your eggs! I love it - it is just so cute. And, Wade will get to see the sheer joy in Noah's face when he sees the jets. We go see the jets practice once a week but dad always misses out because he is at work.

So to Pastor Tim - thanks for the message years and years ago before I even appreciated it. And, I really think that it is just as much for Wade and I as it is for Noah. It is fun to steal glances at each other smiling at the fun things he says and does.

I can't wait to do this with each of the Egglets!


post signature

1 comment:

K-Mama said...

What a great idea! I think I want to do this with Jack...was thinking of taking him bowling for the first time!