Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Giving Thanks...

So, many of you know that we are doing a tree of Thanksgiving this year as a start to a new family tradition... and it has been nothing short of awesome. It has been so much fun to see the leaves come in from different people and really fun to see some of the things that they are thankful for...

I may have to argue with some of them... hands down toilet paper IS something to be thankful for and I must say that it is something I take for granted... but the vacuum? I am struggling here with that one... yah, yah, modern connivance but I really HATE to vacuum...but Wade loves it and is OBSESSED with the whole line thing - another reason why we are a match made in Heaven!

It is definitely something that we will do over and over again - and next year (thanks to Ally) we will probably have a theme... I know some of you would just say the same thing again - so we will come up with a theme each year... maybe list something you are thankful for that has wheels... or list something that uses electricity that you are thankful for... or list somewhere in the world that you are thankful for and why... or list something outside that you are thankful for.... this could be good...

So, this little tradition is going well... the Christmas tree is up... the house is decorated for Christmas as of today - the monitor is purring piano Christmas music and I have started some Fall baking... I love Christmas and kinda wish Easter was this big of a deal... without Easter - where would we all be? Maybe I will start an Easter tree... ewwww.... hard boil eggs hanging from a tree for 30 days.... MAYBE NOT!

Don't get lost in the "stuff" of the season!


post signature

No comments: