Thursday, April 3, 2008

Success!

Well, the twins and Noah went to a nursery! It was the first time with non-family members for the twins and it has been at least 13 months since Noah has been in a nursery... needless to say - mom had a harder time than they did!

Noah took one look at all his "ends" (friends) and said, "Bye, Mom!" I thought Addie would be the easiest - she is by far the most social of any of them but she actually cried a little. Matty was a champ and had a great time. The best part is that the same girl that Noah ADORED when he was a baby is still at our gym and Matty took to her right away! Her name is Caitlin and I could only leave Noah when she was working....

What does this mean? It means that for two days this week I have had 1/2 hour to myself - at the pool - reading... as soon as I know that they can handle a longer stretch - I will work out and then hit the pool for 1/2 hour for some Vitamin D therapy.... It is simply amazing how much 1/2 an hour does for your mood and perspective! It even dawned on me that I could shower and get ready without having 3 screamers... it may be nice every once in a while to indulge in a shower that lasts more than 5 minutes!

When I returned today - Noah was playing with a doll house... I laughed and said that he would make his dad proud. Caitlin told me to walk over and check it out... as I approached - I noticed that the 3 year old girl he was playing with was crying... she kept saying - "No, it is for MY doll." When I peeked into the inside - I saw instantly why she was so upset... in EVERY room of the "house" there were cars lined up. Noah turned to her and said, "No - MY cars..."

Wade would have had a grin a mile long seeing that Noah had figured how to remodel a house enough to make sure ALL the cars had a safe and clean spot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gift of your stories. What fun and a wonderful walk down memory lane for me with the girls.

I am also thankful for my new favorite things to do which is blogging--and you get ALL the credit!

I have officially entered in life as a mom of preteens...YIKES